Technical Accounting Manager
St. Louis, MO
95,000 - 115,000
Publicly traded company consistently rated one of the best places to work in St. Louis is seeking a sharp Technical Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of public accounting and/or SEC reporting experience, a CPA license, and a collaborative approach to work.
The Technical Accounting Manager is responsible for determining the appropriate accounting treatment for significant, unusual, or complex transactions, leading the implementation of new accounting guidance, and establishing and maintaining accounting policy documentation. The Accounting Research & Policy Manager is responsible for summarizing technical accounting topics for the Company‘s senior level accounting leadership.
- Ensure accuracy of accounting and reporting by developing position papers documenting the accounting implications of significant, unusual, or complex transactions.
- Draft, review, and maintain accounting policy documentation explaining accounting policy elections and judgmental accounting positions. Review draft contracts and tariff filings to identify potential accounting issues and provide suggestions for improving business outcomes.
- Provide accounting research and guidance as needed in response to requests from functional accounting areas and operational personnel.
- Help to determine the reporting impact of accounting and financial changes and direct steps necessary to correct or reflect adjustments to ensure accurate reporting.
- Convey complex technical matters in a clear and concise manner, adapted to the needs of technical and non-technical clients.
- Monitor the activities of accounting standard setting agencies and lead the implementation of new accounting guidance.
- Prepare and review select elements of the financial statements, footnotes, or regulatory filings.
- Interact with external auditors during year-end audits, quarterly reviews, and technical accounting research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s preferred
- CPA license required
- Five years’ minimum experience in public accounting with public clients and/or in-house SEC reporting experience
Lake St. Louis, MO
140,000 - 175,000
Small, St. Charles based, family-owned service provider that is consistently voted as one of the top companies to work for in the St. Louis area is lo ....
BU Finance Director
St. Louis, MO
160,000 - 190,000
We are working with a world-class, growing, multinational electrical components manufacturer headquartered in St. Louis to find a Finance Director for ....